SERVICE ACCESS AND USE LICENSE
Service or systems or networks of JVC or networks connected to the Service; (vi) use any device, software, or routine to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any transaction being conducted on the Service, or with any other person’s use of the Service; (vii) use the Service to harvest or collect e-mail addresses or other contact information; (viii) market, co-brand, private label, separately distribute, resell or otherwise permit third parties to access and use the Service without the express, separate and prior written permission of JVC; (ix) create an intact reproduction of a page or pages of the Service into another service; or (x) use the Service in an unlawful manner or in a manner that could damage, disparage, or otherwise negatively impact JVC.
Non-Solicitation. You may not post or transmit through the Service any material which contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services. Limitations on Reverse Engineering and Modification. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or create works derivative of the Service or any materials accessed through the Service.
Proprietary Notices. You may not remove any proprietary notices, including copyright and trademark notices, or labels from the Service on any materials accessed through the Service.
Compliance with Applicable Law. You are solely responsible for ensuring Your use of the Service is in compliance with all applicable foreign, federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
3. USER OBLIGATIONS. By downloading, accessing, or using the Service in order to view information and materials or submit Material (as defined below) of any kind, You represent that You: (i) are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or between thirteen (13) and seventeen (17) years of age and using the Service with parental or legal guardian consent and supervision; (ii) are registered to the extent required, and have not been previously restricted, suspended or terminated by JVC; and (iii) are not using another authorized user’s account without that person’s permission.
– anything that interferes with or disrupts the Service or its operation;
– Materials that are vulgar, obscene, indecent, profane, or otherwise objectionable or offensive, defamatory, libelous, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, misleading, or false;
– unauthorized copyrighted materials, or any other material that infringes on the intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or personality, trade secrets, confidentiality, or privacy of others;
– Materials that encourage criminal conduct or that would give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or regulation in any jurisdiction;
– Materials that harm minors;
– Materials that impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, or that misrepresent Your affiliation with any entity; or
files that contain malicious code, viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer, network, or the Service.
6. LINKS TO OTHER SERVICES. JVC may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other services. JVC is not responsible for the availability of these outside resources or their contents. JVC expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, materials, accuracy of information and/or the quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third-party services, or the products or services provided by any third party.
7. LINKS TO THIS SERVICE. You may link to the Service provided that You do so in a way that indicates that the link is direct to a JVC Service and is fair and not misleading. You may not integrate or make use of all or part of the Service in ways that would confuse or mislead visitors as to the nature and origin of the Service’s content.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND YOU ASSUME ALL RISK. THE SERVICE AND ITS INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND USER CONTENT IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS AVAILABLE,” “AS IS” BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, JVC AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICE. JVC DOES NOT ENDORSE, RECOMMEND, OR MAKE ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, USER MATERIALS, FEATURES, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, OPINIONS, OR STATEMENTS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THROUGH LINKS ON THE SERVICE. JVC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT JVC IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
OTHER DISCLAIMERS. CONTENT ON THE SERVICE IS NOT INTENDED TO SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, or the limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so some of the above may not apply to You.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (“DMCA”) NOTICE. JVC is committed to complying with copyright and related laws, and requires all users of the Service to comply with these laws. Accordingly, You may not store any material or content or use or disseminate any material or content though the Service in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by copyright law. Owners of copyrighted works who believe that their rights under copyright law have been infringed may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the
“DMCA”) to report alleged infringements. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of JVC to terminate use privileges of any user who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to JVC by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent.
If You feel that a posted message is objectionable or infringing, JVC encourages You to contact JVC immediately. Upon JVC’s receipt of a proper written notice of claimed infringement under the DMCA, JVC will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material claimed to be infringing and will follow all other relevant procedures specified in the DMCA with regard to the claimed infringement. The designated agent of JVC (i.e., the proper party) to whom You should address such notice is listed below.
If You believe that Your work has been copied and posted using the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide JVC’s designated agent with a written communication containing the following information:
– an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right in the copyright that is allegedly infringed;
– a description of the copyrighted work that You claim has been infringed; – a description of where the material that You claim is infringing is located to permit JVC to locate the material;
– Your address, telephone number, and email address;
– a statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
– a statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in – – Your report is accurate and that You are the owner of the exclusive right in the copyright that is allegedly infringed or authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
Notices of claims of copyright infringement should be sent to:
email@example.com, with the subject line “DMCA”
INTERNATIONAL USERS. While all Services are controlled and operated within the United States, this publication may be distributed internationally and may contain references to JVC services, products, and programs that are not in Your country. These references do not imply that JVC or JVM intend to announce or provide the programs, products, or services in Your country. JVC makes no representation that content, materials or products available on or through the Service are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. If You access or use the Service from a location outside the United States, You are responsible for compliance with applicable laws, including local laws regarding online conduct and content and product use, local national JVC society rules and policies, and U.S. export laws and regulations.
INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold JVC and its affiliates and its and their respective governors, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, costs, liabilities, losses and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of Your use of the Service.
the Service will constitute acceptance of the personal identifying information collection and use practices contained in the privacy policies posted on the Service.